Eligibility and Exclusions
- All grant proposals are requested by invitation-only, following a letter of inquiry or request for proposal process.
- Applicant organizations must either be 501(c)(3) pubic charities in good standing with a determination letter from the IRS, or tax exempt faith-based organizations, schools and instruments of government that meet our other guidelines.
- We do not accept proposals that simply aim to replace other sources of funding such as government support or insurance.
- All proposals must be either national in scope or serve regional populations in either Pima or Maricopa County, Arizona; Eugene, Oregon; or Hawaii, Hawaii.
- Toledo, Ohio area organizations working in the area of Mental Health may be eligible for grants through our Donor Advised Fund at the Toledo Community Foundation. Please visit www.toledocf.org for information.
- Applicants must be able to comply with all narrative and financial reporting requirements as outlined in our Application Instructions or Grant Agreements.
- If the organization is a previous or current grantee, it must be in good standing with all reporting requirements and use of funds, as determined by Foundation staff.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, political affiliation or religious beliefs
- Faith-based organizations that do not serve persons outside of their membership, include proselytizing in programs, or condition receipt of services on belief in a particular faith
- Endowments or Board designated reserve funds
- General fund drives, such as United Way annual campaigns
- Debt retirement or operating deficits
- Indirect expenses unrelated to the proposed program; institutional indirect rates (i.e., universities) allowed only on a pre-negotiated basis
- Lobbying or political campaigns
- Direct donations or grants to individuals
- Building or capital campaigns
- Organizations primarily supporting individuals or programs located outside of the United States